Photo © 2006 Holly Hayes/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Caption:||West facade of Calvin's Oratory (Auditoire de Calvin) in Geneva, located next door to the cathedral. The simple but elegant 13th-century Gothic chapel became a Protestant lecture hall at the Reformation. Here the Scottish reformer John Knox preached from 1556 to 1559 and the French reformer John Calvin founded a Christian academy in 1559.|
|Keywords:||architecture auditoire c13 c16 calvin chapel cloudy entrance exterior facade geneva gothic history john knox oratory outside protestant reformation switzerland west year1559|
|Digital Size:||3407 x 2233 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||14.2 x 9.3 inches @ 240 dpi|
11.4 x 7.4 inches @ 300 dpi
|Created:||December 23, 2006|
|Uploaded:||September 8, 2010|