Reformation Preached in Geneva
Photo © Holly Hayes / Art History Images. All rights reserved.

Reformation Preached in Geneva

Relief showing the Reformation preached to the people of Geneva in the presence of envoys from Bern. Above is an inscription of the Lord's Prayer in French. Constructed between 1909 and 1917, the Mur de la Reformation commemorates Geneva's significant role in the Protestant Reformation. Measuring 325 feet long and 30 feet high, it depicts figures and scenes from Protestant history against a backdrop of the Reformation motto: Post Tenebras Lux ("After Darkness, Light").