Wall of Glass
Photo © Holly Hayes / Art History Images. All rights reserved.

Wall of Glass

Stained glass in the Gothic choir or "Capella Vitrea" (Glass Chapel), dating from 1414. The walls are filled with 13 jewel-toned windows rising 100 feet high. The original windows were badly damaged by fires and finished off by the bombing raids of World War II; the present glass dates from the 1950s.