Abbot Wulfric's Rotunda
Photo © Holly Hayes/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Title:||Abbot Wulfric's Rotunda|
|Caption:||The crypt of Abbot Wulfric's Rotunda, looking east. The rotunda was built around 1050 to link the Church of St. Peter and Paul (the main church) with the Chapel of St. Mary. The abbot probably got the idea for the design during his visit to Rheims in France. The Norman choir was built over top of it and it was only rediscovered in 1914.|
|Digital Size:||4000 x 2662 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||16.7 x 11.1 inches @ 240 dpi|
13.3 x 8.9 inches @ 300 dpi
|Uploaded:||April 18, 2013|