Relics of St. Mary Magdalen
Photo © Holly Hayes/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Title:||Relics of St. Mary Magdalen|
|Caption:||These are not the original relics that brought thousands of medieval pilgrims to Vézelay; those were burned by Calvinists during the 16th century Wars of Religion. The present relics were given in 1876 by the Archbishop of Sens and are housed in a 19th-century reliquary. The relics were originally a gift from Pope Martin IV to the Diocese of Sens in 1281.|
|Digital Size:||4000 x 2662 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||16.7 x 11.1 inches @ 240 dpi|
13.3 x 8.9 inches @ 300 dpi
|Uploaded:||April 18, 2013|