The so-called Students' Room in the Melanchthon House, Wittenberg. The tiled stove dates from the second half of the 16th century and stood in Wittenberg's town hall until 1900. Painted coats of arms of 10 Wittenberg students were uncovered in this room in 1845. It seems the students stayed here with the Melanchthon family in the 16th century and left behind their coats of arms in thanks. It was a characteristically humanist practice for everyone to choose a coat of arms, regardless of noble birth. Eight of the ten coats of arms have been matched to the university's register, and signs tell the history of those students.