The so-called Students' Room in the Melanchthon House, Wittenberg. Painted coats of arms of 10 Wittenberg students were uncovered in this room in 1845. It seems the students stayed here with the Melanchthon family in the 16th century and left behind their coats of arms in thanks. It was a characteristically humanist practice for everyone to choose a coat of arms, regardless of noble birth. Eight of the ten coats of arms have been matched the university's register, and signs in this room tell the history of those students.