The Porziuncola (Back Detail)
Photo © Holly Hayes/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Title:||The Porziuncola (Back Detail)|
|Caption:||Standing directly under the basilica's large dome, the Porziuncola ("little portion") is the original stone chapel restored and frequently used by St. Francis. Dating from the 9th century, the long-abandoned chapel was given to Francis by the Benedictines and became the early headquarters of the new Franciscan order, founded here in 1209.|
|Digital Size:||4000 x 2640 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||16.7 x 11.0 inches @ 240 dpi|
13.3 x 8.8 inches @ 300 dpi
|Uploaded:||April 17, 2013|