Photo © 2007 Holly Hayes/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Caption:||Evening sunlight illuminates the stucco and cedar decoration of the central courtyard. Originally founded in the 14th century, the Ben Youssef Medersa was rebuilt by the Saadian Sultan Abdallah al-Ghalib in 1565. Beautifully decorated with Islamic designs and calligraphy, it is the largest madrassa (religious school) in Morocco.|
|Keywords:||ben youssef medersa madrassa islamic school c16 saadian islam muslim marrakesh morocco year1565 courtyard wall stucco cedar carving wood art architecture evening sunlight sunny|
|Digital Size:||3456 x 2304 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||14.4 x 9.6 inches @ 240 dpi|
11.5 x 7.7 inches @ 300 dpi
|Created:||April 10, 2007|
|Uploaded:||November 13, 2009|