Photo © 2007 David Joyal/Art History Images. All rights reserved.
|Caption:||Arabic inscription within a medallion on a wall of the Ben Youssef Medersa in Marrakesh. Originally founded in the 14th century, the medersa was rebuilt by the Saadian Sultan Abdallah al-Ghalib in 1565. Beautifully decorated with Islamic designs and calligraphy, it is the largest madrassa (religious school) in Morocco.|
|Keywords:||ben youssef medersa madrassa islamic school c16 saadian islam muslim marrakesh morocco year1565 arabic inscription calligraphy medallion stucco|
|Digital Size:||3872 x 2592 pixels|
|Print Sizes:||16.1 x 10.8 inches @ 240 dpi|
12.9 x 8.6 inches @ 300 dpi
|Created:||April 9, 2007|
|Uploaded:||November 13, 2009|